We’re looking for a passionate individual to help manage the production of creative fabrication projects using cutting edge tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, and CNCs. You’ll work with the designers and craftspeople at Hot Pop Factory, as well as our talented network of partners to turn creative visions into physical reality.
- Manage a passionate team of designers and fabricators, as well as shop equipment schedules to meet production goals
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to meet project deadlines
- Ensure production stays on schedule and within budget
- Analyze, coordinate, and execute on production requirements and other specification data
- Train, support, and evaluate production team members
- Monitor shop environment to ensure they meet performance and safety requirements
- Minimize production downtime
- Coordinate equipment repairs and restock supplies, fix any production problems
- Build systems and processes to make production more efficient
- Determine whether new machines are needed or whether overtime work is necessary
You're a confident leader and manager who has excellent communication, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and time management skills. You care deeply about your team and are accountable for the outcomes of your work. The ideal candidate has a track record of project management training or work experience, is familiar with CAD software like Rhino 3D, and has a strong interest in the business applications of digital fabrication.
We are a reputable and energetic design firm located in the heart of the downtown Toronto. We work on high profile, cutting edge projects that explore new frontiers of digital manufacturing. We take on unconventional problems in the search for new applications for these technologies. Creative, hardworking individuals looking to solve interesting technical and design challenges will fit in well.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email your application, including your resume and portfolio/samples of past work to email@example.com with the subject line 'Hot Pop Factory - Production Manager'.